Identity Theft Protection
Varney Agency is the only agency in Maine to offer this service free to its customers.
Identity theft, the nation's fastest-growing crime, can have a devastating effect on victims. The experience can be overwhelming and extremely time-consuming. But if it ever happens to you, Identity Theft 911 knows exactly what to do to help you solve the problem and get on with your life.
Identity Theft 911 is the nation’s premier consultative provider of identity and data risk management, resolution and education services, understanding that each case is as unique as the individual living through it. That's why we give victims what they need most - a one-on-one relationship with a trained, dedicated fraud specialist. Each victim is assigned an expert personal advocate who gets to know every aspect of the problem so each detail gets the attention it deserves.Your personal advocate will work with you from the first call you make to report the problem until the crisis is resolved. Identity Theft 911 will notify the appropriate agencies, businesses, and institutions, and create a comprehensive case file for insurance companies and police. And we'll follow through on every aspect of the case until your identity has been restored.
Identity Theft 911 gives you and your family the information you need to reduce your risk and protect against identity theft. And if you do become a victim, we provide:
- Unlimited access to dedicated, personal advocate via toll-free number.
- Proactive assistance for victims of wallet and purse theft.
- Systematic notification to credit bureaus, creditors, collectors, government agencies, etc.
- Comprehensive case-file creation to assist law enforcement and insurance.
- All phone calls and documentation needed to resolve the identity theft
- A 3-in-1 credit report.
- Credit monitoring and fraud monitoring for victims of true identity theft.
- Optional credit file freezes and interface with state identity theft passport programs (where available).
- Threat alerts, proactive tips, education, and follow-up call to avoid recurrence.